kiddos

kiddos

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Let's get this thing started.....

I started this whole process as a book. A book about my crazy life and my crazy kids and just my feelings on the whole matter. My honest, sarcastic, jaded and sometimes it's not pretty. Kids change everything. Your body, your sleep pattern, your sanity...Mostly your sanity. These changes can make you into a better person, they can make you into a crazy person, for me it's a mixture of both. I now have an excuse to be the silly, weird person I've been my entire life. Now it's okay because I'm just entertaining my kids.
My kids make me nuts. They make me angry, they make me laugh. There are days when I think there couldn't possibly be naughtier children in the world, and then I see Supernanny and I feel so much better because I'm not alone! I know, from talking to my friends, that they too feel the same way I do. Scatterbrained, frustrated, overwhelmed, happy, sad, at times like a failure, and a list of other emotions that goes on and on. It's about time that more people start talking about this extremely valid feelings so mothers can stop feeling like they are only ones who want to bring their kids into the wrestling ring and give them a good suplex. We are not bad mothers. We are real woman, who had real lives before our kids and are struggling with the compromise that comes with motherhood.
I'll share my story and I can only hope that it will make you laugh and say, that is so true! I encourage you to comment, to share with your friends, to agree, to disagree, to laugh silently (or out loud) or whatever it is that you feel you need to do. Later ladies!

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Thank you for keeping it real, saying what *most* of us Mommies are thinking in our heads but don't want to verbalize! Although we have expressed these same feelings to one another!! :) Keep it coming girl, you know I love your writing!

keepitreal said...

That's why I started this whole thing! So everyone can laugh together, and say, I'm not crazy!! This is normal! Other woman feel this exact same way!